Moon Lander: Bridge the Gap
- Learn the skills to simplify complex problems and deliver results.
- To understand the importance of collaborative problem solving.
- Acquire the skills to manage rapid change by adapting to new situations quickly.
- To drill down what it takes to overcome silo thinking and work as a team.
- Discover the relevance of having a big vision to work towards everyday.
Participants act as the Mission Control of a space expedition to the Lunar Surface. The first stage of the mission is to craft a space shuttle that can survive the Lunar journey and return safely. Once the space shuttle is ready to launch, the teams must plan the entire journey to the Moon and back by allocating the right resources at every stage of the Mission. The teams must conduct experiments to explore life on the Moon! The “Aha-moment” of the program comes when the teams land on Earth after completing the mission.
Duration: 60 – 100 min
Number of Participants: 5 – 3000 participants
- Teaming: Divide the group into teams.
- Seating: Ask them to settle down as per the seating arrangement.
- Briefing: Introduce the activity with the PowerPoint as per the notes mentioned on each slide.
- Kit Distribution: Handover the kits to each table.
- Phase 1: Building: Teams to go through the kits and complete the building phase as per the team booklet.
- Phase 2: Launch: Teams must take tough decisions to bring the crew safely back home in a journey of surprises.
- Submission and Scoring: The teams must submit the kit for the trainer to complete the scoring.
- Debrief: The trainer will share the choices made by different teams and will initiate the debrief.
- Commitment: The trainer can ask teams to commit to a personal goal.
- Thank you.
- Activity Deck – Moon Lander.pptx – PowerPoint Presentation Slides which includes Activity Slides, Debrief, and Trainer’s notes.
- Trainer Notes – Moon Lander.pptx – Power Point Presentation Slides on “How to run the simulation” which includes Teaming, Logistics, Seating Arrangement, Overall Flow, Activity Climax and Scenarios.
- Scoring Sheet – Moon Lander.pptx, Calculations.xlsx – Scoring sheet for the trainer and backend calculations for the Trainer (if needed)
Extra Material to be purchased (No material will be shipped):
Just take printouts of the Team Booklet as per the instructions.
As it is a Digital Product we don’t accept returns, exchanges or cancellations. But please contact us if you have any problems with your order.