CHOPPED: A Lean Thinking Activity
- Identify key ingredients of lean thinking at workplace.
- Gain deeper understanding of the importance of standardisation.
- Discover different types of wastes that affect business results.
- Familiarise with the challenges faced while implementing quality standards.
- Learn the role of defining processes in delivering projects.
Trainer welcomes the participants to the National Restaurant Contest. Each team plays the role of one of the top restaurants in their city. The objective of the contest is to earn a variety of food awards by going through a three stage challenge. The teams lock horns to cook (prepare using clay) high rated dishes by applying the lean management principles, to get the coveted special surprise.
Duration: 70 – 120 min
Number of Participants: 5 – 3000 participants
- Teaming: Divide the group into teams.
- Briefing: Introduce the activity with the PowerPoint as per the notes mentioned on each slide.
- Kit Distribution: Handover the kits to each table.
- Phase 1 – Teams undergo the first phase of the contest by applying key Lean Thinking principles.
- Phase 2 – Teams learn the importance of creating the right processes to deliver results.
- Phase 3 – Teams experience collaboration in the last round by applying the principles learned.
- Debrief: The trainer will allow the teams to share insights learned from all the three rounds and close the session.
- Commitment: The trainer can ask teams to commit to a personal goal.
- Thank you.
- Activity Deck – Chopped.pptx – PowerPoint Presentation Slide which includes Activity Slides, Debrief, and Trainer’s notes.
- Trainer Notes – Chopped.pptx – Power Point Presentation Slides on “How to run the simulation” which includes Teaming, Logistics, Seating Arrangement, Overall Flow, Activity Climax and Scenarios.
- Manual – Chopped.pptx – Manual of how to prepare various dishes with clay.
Extra Material to be purchased (No material will be shipped):
Clay dough as per the number of teams, pens and notepads for teams to plan.
As it is a Digital Product we don’t accept returns, exchanges or cancellations. But please contact us if you have any problems with your order.