Outdoor Team Building Programs: FAQS
Table of Contents
- Super Exciting Outdoor Team Building Ideas
- Best Cities for Outdoor Programs
- City Race/Treasure Hunt
- Basic Requirements for an Outdoor Training Program
- Safety During Outdoor Training Programs
- Indoor activities that can be conducted outdoors
When was the last time we played out on the ground with friends or colleagues? An outdoor team building activity planned for your team will not only develop deeper bonds with your teammates but also recharges each individual for the next tenure. Sitting on the same desk from morning to evening has negative impact on your body and mind. Outdoor team building activities are super energetic and takes care of physical health.
Super Exciting Outdoor Team Building Ideas
- Tech Terrain Challenge: The team building challenge is an innovative treasure hunt using technology. Solve exciting puzzles, challenges and crack codes along with your team to win the hunt. Using hi-tech GPS devices and tablets, teams navigate themselves to per-decided clue points and plan their journey accordingly. Needless to say, teams have fun and connect well over this team building activity.
- Local Flavors Challenge: As an HR professional, if a team offsite is planned, the place is always important to consider. People love to explore new places and things. What if participants “live like a local” as teams? Experiencing local delicacies, drinks, culture, traditions and practices together as one team develops a strong connect. So Local Flavors Team Building Challenge is simply hitting two birds with a stone.
- Olympics Challenge: One of the most popular outdoor team building ideas is Olympic games. Teams go through conventional Olympic set up including war cry, simultaneous set of challenges, tug of war and so on. The highlight of this activity is teams get to showcase different skill sets as per the challenges.
Best Cities for Outdoor Programs
- Kerala: Kerala, the city of god includes variety of elements like Toddy shots, rope making, coconut oil making, challenges using coconut water, a tour in lush green mangrove forests, famous aquariums and museums etc.
- Goa: Goa has many exciting local experiences like feni shots, bebinca dessert, cashews, beach Olympics, local dance attires, tattoo making and light house tours.
- Lonavala: The place is a 2-3 hour drive from Mumbai and easily accessible to Pune. It is located on a very well connected Mumbai-Pune expressway, that means participants can easily reach the venue.
- Jaipur: The local experiences of Jaipur include safa challenge, bathing a buffalo, mehndi art, lassi challenge, traditional dance and costumes, ravanhatta song performance, Ghevar challenge etc.
- Agra: Agra comes with interesting local flavors like kachigodhi dance, petha challenge, puppet challenge, pot making and anarkali challenge and so on.
City Race/Treasure Hunt
Under outdoor team building activities, City Treasure hunt is most preferred by top organizations. The concept is a blend of conventional treasure hunt around the city. The challenges and puzzles are planted across the city specifically at famous locations. Exciting challenges are included like making documentaries, shooting a team performance, interacting with tourists and many more. Choose the city and we arrange everything end to end.
Basic Requirements for an Outdoor Training Program
Since these are conducted on the grounds, there are some basic requirements for easy and smooth workshops.
- Water station: Hydration is necessary, especially when physical activity is more than usual. Hence, water station is mandatory, and the quantity depends on number of people and size of the ground.
- Sound System: Rules and details of the activity has to be shared with the participants and teams. Since it is a ground, the people are scattered around. Hence, Mic and Sound system is required for right briefing.
- Outdoor Sitting Area: Sitting area and arrangements helps people relax after high-energetic activities. Also, make sure the sitting is arranged in shade and water stations and other facilities are nearby to the sittin g area.
- Medical Station: Teams are super-excited, and they participate with all their will. It is important to set up multiple medical stations with all the elements like bandages, pain spray, cotton etc.
Safety During Outdoor Training Programs
As an organizer and team manager, it becomes a responsibility to take care of team’s safety. It is usually ignored assuming nothing will happen. We recommend not to rely on unprofessional trainers and firms. Explore Thought Bulb because safety is topmost priority and value for delivering out of the world experiences.
Indoor activities that can be conducted outdoors
Indoor activities can be set up and delivered outdoors considering right weather. Basic requirements are adequate spacing, sound system, music to energize the participants. Some examples of indoor activities that can be conducted outside as well are Giant pyramid Challenge, Giant Puppet Challenge, Million Pixels Challenge etc.
Captivating learning-centric outdoor team building activities from The Thought Bulb
The outdoors is often the best place to rejuvenate and revitalize our energies. In fact, there can be nothing more refreshing than going out for a walk or exercising in the open. If the objective of corporate entities is to stimulate their employees meaningfully and purposefully than it is crucial that they engage their internal stakeholders in relevant outdoor team building activities.
What is so great about outdoor training?
- For one, outdoor activities provide for an invigorating break from the routine environment of a workplace. Usually it has been noted that employees get bored working in the indoor office space. Hence, taking them out in the open means severing the usual routine and taking them away from the associated pressures of their work environment.
- Outdoor team building activities are one the best ways to motivate and inspire the employees of your organization. Since the activities that take place in the outdoors usually tend to be adventurous and have the physical elements embedded intricately, these outdoor training activities help boost up the spirits and the energy levels of employees in the truest sense.
- Well-planned outdoor activities genuinely help improve the productivity levels and employee engagement of your human resources, one the biggest strengths of an organization.
Features of outdoor training modules from The Thought Bulb
- Our team building activities are innovatively and uniquely designed to meet differing requirements related to team building. From leadership development programs to employee engagement, there are about 127+ kinds of activities that have been devised in-house by us and introduced to our huge list of clienteles.
- The quintessence of our outdoor team building activities lies in the fact that all the tasks are intertwined meticulously with the ambience of the outdoor environment. Thus, every team activity from The Thought Bulb take advantage of the freshness and rawness of the outdoors thereby enabling participants to freely and openly participate with no restrictions and limitations.
Outdoor training from The Thought Bulb is fun and helps de-stress your employees completely. The upbeat mood of our outdoor activities has mesmeric effect on employees helping restore their mental energies comprehensively.