- November 24, 2018
- Posted by: Research & Development Thought Bulb
- Category: Team Building
Chanakya – the chief adviser of two Mauryan Emperors, was one of the finest brains the country has ever had. His lessons on life are commonly known as Chanakya Neeti. His intelligence has certainly contributed a massive share of knowledge to the world. Let’s take a look on some of the best quotes delivered by the Chanakya on team work:
1. ‘Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions – Why am I doing it, What the results might be and Will be successful. Only when you think deeply and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead’
At times, when making oneself ready for a long term commitment, it is essential to evaluate what results it will bring in the future. Smart work is needed right before commencing with the team work.
Also Read: Ways to encourage Smarter Teamwork
2. ‘Once you start working on something, don’t be afraid of failure and don’t abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest’
Hard working employees are an essential asset to an organisation. They alone attain the best feeling of satisfaction and are blessed with a peaceful sleep.
Also Read: 7 Ways to motivate yourself for Hard work
3. ‘Till the time you don’t decide to run, you are not in the competition’
A team is a blend of different brains. Out of that, it is important to stand out of the crowd and perform exceptionally well. That’s how one win over others and ensure their position in professional progression. Run the race.
4. ‘Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourselves’
Working in a team presents an opportunity to learn from others. A member must learn from the mistakes of their co-workers and ensure that they do not repeat the same in future. It is a great sign of progression in career.
5. ‘Win over an egoist by showing him respect, a wise person by truth, and a crazy person by letting him behave in an insane manner’
A team is a strong amalgamation of members possessing distinct behavioural traits. How you react to them matters the most.
Also Read: 8 Leadership Tips to Master Team Management
6. ‘A person should not be too honest. Straight tress are cut first and honest people are screwed first’
Though, honesty is the best policy, but at times, we need to know what’s right as per the context. Being ridiculously honest may lead to exploitation, on the other hand, a bit of diplomacy will surely get the things done.
Also Read: Can being too Honest shoot you in the foot?
7. ‘There is some self-interest behind every friendship. There is no friendship without self-interests. This is a bitter truth’
Choosing a group wisely is as essential as choosing the company you are going to be working with. Everyone has a strong motive that may be engulfed with a personal interest, or benefit.
8. ‘Do not display anger towards your opponent in public’
No matter what may the situation appear, do not ever insult your opponent in front of the crowd. This may hurt his ego and lead towards the development of grudges against you.
Also Read: Tips of Handling an Angry Co-Worker
9. ‘There are three gems upon this earth: Food, Water and Pleasing words – Fools consider pieces of rocks as gems’
No matter what the situation may be, it is important to use the right words with people. This might get your work done pretty easily. Kind words are the gateway to a perfect relationship.
Also Read: Behave Yourself…
10. ‘Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous’
One of the smartest tip of working in a team is avoiding becoming over-friendly with other members. Such approach may anytime, lead towards exploitation and that you need not to be a people pleaser.
Also Read: Being too nice at Office can Backfire